_ Domestic Violence Screening Questionnaire
Evaluate your relations with the partner using the questionnaire below*. The more questions you answer as “yes”, the higher is the likelihood that you are in abusive relationship.
Your thoughts and feelings
- Are often afraid of your partner?
- Avoid discussing certain subjects as they can make your partner angry?
- Feel that whatever is not good enough and you partner criticises you?
- You think that you deserve this type of behaviour?
- Feel emotionally broken and helpless?
Humiliating behaviour by your partner
- Humiliates you and shouts at you?
- Constantly criticizes you?
- Treats you in a way that you feel ashamed in front of your family and friends?
- Ignores your opinion and achievements?
- Blames you for his/her violent behaviour?
- Treats you as if you were a property, an object and not a human being?
Violent behaviour and threats by your partner
- Behaves in an unpredictable and aggressive way?
- Physically harms you, threatens to injure or kill you?
- Threatens to kidnap/ take your children away?
- Threatens to commit a suicide if you leave him/ her?
- Forces you to have sex?
- Damages and destroys your things?
Controlling behaviour by your partner
- Is very jealous and possessive?
- Checks on where you go and what you do?
- Limits your possibilities to see your family and friends?
- Restricts your use of money, phone, or car?
- When you are not together your partner always writes to you, calls you, or stalks you?