How Could the Social Workers Help Me?
Violence in relations might cause a lot of negative social consequences – relations with friends, close relatives, acquaintances might be discontinued, the social circle might become narrower, one might loose a job, income, feel lonely and isolated. In such a case social workers might help you. Their mission – to help you re-establish fully-fledged, independent life.
Social workers might help you:
- Recognise the forms of improper behaviour or violence towards you;
- Assess the situation in a more objective way and understand the expectations;
- Get away from social isolation which occurs due to experienced violence;
- Identify problems and start dealing with them by having a plan and taking concrete steps;
- Quit addictions, abuse of alcohol that are consumed often to relieve the pain experienced in violent relations;
- Start trusting yourself more and be able to make independent decisions.
You might reach a social worker in the nearest municipality or neighbourhood office closest to your home.